Energy Efficienct Home
At Comfort Control Mechanical, in addition to HVAC, we offer a wide variety of products and services to make your home as energy efficient and as healthy as possible.
Some of our products and services include:
- Residential & Commercial Energy Audits
- Energy Modeling
- Duct Leakage Testing
- Blower Door Testing
- Thermal Infrared Imaging
- Duct Cleaning
- Whole Home Air Cleaners
- Mechanical Ventilation Systems
Through diagnostic testing with specialized equipment, an energy audit pinpoints those parts of your home where energy is being lost. Typically, an audit includes:
A visual inspection to assess:
- Building envelope features (windows, doors, insulation, ducts) and ages.
- Heating, cooling and ventilation equipment types, characteristics and ages.
- Appliance and lighting characteristics.
- Comfort complaints.
- Visible moisture issues.
- Visible health and safety issues.
Diagnostic testing using specialized equipment such as a blower door test, combustion analyzer and infrared camera to determine:
- The amount and location of air leaks in the building envelope.
- The amount of leakage from HVAC distribution duct.
- The effectiveness of insulation inside
A home energy audit is the first step to determine how much energy your house uses and what improvements you should make to save money and energy.
Home energy audits can:
- Pinpoint where your house is losing energy.
- Determine the efficiency of your heating and cooling systems.
- Show you ways to use less energy.
- Identify which improvements will save you the most money.
- Investigate possible sources of safety and environmental hazards.
- Greater Comfort: Resolve cold or hot rooms, air leaks and condensation, all of which make your home more comfortable for your entire family.
- Lower Utility Bills: An energy efficient home means less money spent on energy bills each month and more money for activities that your family enjoys.
- Better Health: Eliminate the causes of mold, mildew and excessive dust that can trigger health problems; Improve the air quality in your home and the environment.
- Environmentally Friendly: An efficient home reduces electric and natural gas/oil consumption and the impact to the environment through a lower carbon footprint.
- Increased Home Value: In today’s competitive housing market, improving your home's energy efficiency is one of the few ways to increase its value—for good.
Did You Know?
Recessed can lights can be significant sources air leakage of and in the winter can draw your costly heated air directly into your attic!
Even electric devices like ceiling fans, t.v.'s, and computers generate heat when not in use!
Damaged and missing weather stripping around doors and windows also provides an opportunity for air and heat transmission!